Friday, May 10, 2013

Cautiously optimistic...

Better day today. We made it through two half days at the new preschool - she did really well both days. She told her teacher she really missed her mommy at one point, but seemed to bounce back. When we got in the car, she told me she really wanted to go for a full day next week. Yippee! She seemed very happy. We had one rage today and I just told her I was going to have to stop her because hitting me and throwing things at me was just not okay. I held her in a safe restraint-type hold until she stopped trying to beat the shit out of me. As soon as she'd calm down, I'd let her go and when she came after me again, I held her again, softly kissing her head and telling her I loved her. Eventually she snuggled up on my lap and asked for something to eat and we were done.

Tonight is the first night in I don't know how long that there wasn't a crazy rage before bedtime. Yahoo! We increased the dose of her mood stabilizer yesterday and I'm hoping that's starting to have an effect. Unfortunately, she had nightmares several times last night. You take the good, you take the bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment