Still can't tell which kid I'm going to interact with from moment to moment. She's definitely less violent and aggressive - yay for Lamictal - so I'm just going to be grateful for that at the moment. She's more into starting trouble for trouble's sake, which I'm thinking might be more "normal" five-year old behavior. Of course, it's on a grander scale because drama is very exciting to her, so we ended up with a painting fiasco that involved her brother, our deck, nearly my whole body, and a lot of ruined paint. No more painting for awhile.
I'm not feeling as weird as I was on Celexa. Still doing just a half dose because I'm still not sleeping well (DS has been up a lot) and it's making me extra tired. Sigh. I guess the drugs are helping me to accept this crappy lot in life and not be as upset about it. I haven't been crying uncontrollably since I started taking it, so I guess that helps. I'm kind of mad about it, though. There is so little support for parents/family of kids with mental disorders that we're having to take medication to make up for that fact. What a sorry world this is.
No comments:
Post a Comment